The NISC IV group at Leidos currently has an opening for Systems Engineer to work in our Oklahoma City, OK office to support the Energy, Infrastructure, and Automation group. This role is responsible for ensuring the reliability, availability, and security of the environment by monitoring, leading and/or working with others to troubleshoot and resolve issues to ensure high availability and continuity of operations. The ideal candidate will support engineering related to AWOS-C projects.
- Will provide support for major hardware and software updates to Automated Weather Observing System (AWOS) in order to extend its service life for an estimated 20 years.
- In addition to maintaining the existing AWOS-C sites (232 sites), over 200 Automated Surface Observing System (ASOS) will be replaced with AWOS-C which necessitate additional second level engineering support.
- Will also support AWOS-C projects including changing Operating Systems to meet current security requirements, updating hardware and software, and upgrading communications circuits to Internet Protocol (IP).
- Will support engineering related to IDS projects.
- Will support the Information Display System version 4 (IDS4) and the ASOS Control Equipment – Information Display System, (ACE-IDS).
- Will provide support for hardware and software changes due to obsolescence of various components of the IDS systems and provide updates to extend the service life of IDS4 and ACE-IDS for an estimated 10 years.
- In addition, this engineer will maintain an on-going assessment of the security profile related to each system, update the relevant documentation as needed, and develop strategies to mitigate emerging threats that are applicable to the system.
- Previous working experience as a Systems Engineer for 4 years in addition to a bachelor’s degree. Additional years of experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship.
- In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian and hands on experience with MySQL
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.