Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Cyber Specialist to support Special Projects engineering and technical services in the C2ISR Division (HBG) based at Robins AFB with operations located worldwide. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing technical system integrity and information assurance services to customers CONUS and OCONUS in support of network and information security systems for multiple closed user groups. The work entails maintaining and enhancing the CUG information systems and networks for the Specialized Management Branch that are already fielded and currently in use. You will provide system enhancements, software installation, integration, testing, and deployment services for closed user groups in support of intelligence systems.
You will provide Cybersecurity support to the Special Projects secure communications and data transfer network. The Special Projects secure communications and data transfer network consists of a series of secure networks that are already fielded and in sustainment. You will also be responsible for providing Cyber and IA support for new systems that are at pre-milestone A stage of the SDLC and requires engineering and security architecture design, integration and install, test, and deploy to operations. You will be sustaining secure communications operational data transfer between various CONUS and OCONUS sites with security adequate to protect information at the SECRET level; designing, installing, administering, and maintaining secure communications capabilities between existing and new sites; and, providing Operations and Maintenance (O&M) documentation and training while maintaining all infrastructure in the same baseline configurations as dictated by the Information System Owner (ISO) and user communities.
- Provide Cybersecurity and information assurance expertise under direct supervision to maintain and enhance the CUG information systems and networks.
- Clearly communicate with the Closed User Group Lead on status of workload.
- Provide assistance to ensure systems are properly maintained and updated to address vulnerabilities, meet all cybersecurity requirements, ATO packages are submitted on time, systems are backed up and configuration baselines are tracked and managed.
- Assist with ensuring new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices
- Support the customer in researching, evaluating, planning, designing, engineering, and delivering cybersecurity solutions.
- Review and ensure compliance with customer security policies and requirements.
- Review new and existing system designs for compliance with security standards and best practices.
- Ensure system data is kept current with external databases.
- Help establish and maintain SOPs, user documentation, and training material.
- Maintain topologies, drawings, and equipment lists.
- Provide assistance for research on emerging technologies in support of enterprise operations.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or other technical discipline and 4+ years of prior relevant experience, or 8 years of experience without a degree.
- U.S. citizenship, a Secret clearance and eligibility to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Ability to develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Capability to develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require technical knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex DoD systems.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel when needed by the program.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- CISSP Certification.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Working knowledge of DISA STIGs and other technical cyber material.
- Working knowledge System Security Engineering (NIST 800-160 v1).
- Previous experience working DAF systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.