Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced Navy Warehouse Coordinator to join our team at our Chesapeake, VA office in supporting the Integrated Logistics Center program which provides logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of parts and material for the US Navy’s AN/SQQ-89 Sonar system.
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Responsible for leading, coordinating operations, and coordinating personnel within the warehouse.
- Plan work scheduling, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results as it relates to tasking.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping requirements.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system.
- Responsible for assisting and training lower-level support employees.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly as requested by the Warehouse Manager.
- Communicates with contacts typically inside and outside the facility to obtain or provide information on matters of significant importance.
- Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Utilizes concepts, processes and principles of Navy Supply/DOD practices top complete daily and long term schedules.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or master’s with 2+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Experience with US Navy Supply system inventory management, practices, and processes.
- Proficient with computers, printers, laptops, and common Windows applications.
- Ability to direct DOD warehouse operations based on tasking received from the Warehouse Manager.
- Ability to manually lift packages up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work 8-hour shifts in support of 24/7 operations.
- Experience with DPAS or equivalent DOD Inventory System.
- Understanding of concepts, practices, and principles of US Navy Supply/DOD practices.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
Knowledge HAZMAT shipping/storage.
Experience as a US Navy Logistics Specialist (LS) or Sonar Technician Surface (STG).
Knowledge of logistics Support for US Navy Combat Systems equipment.
Certified Forklift operator.
Basic understanding of United States Commerce Department export regulations.
Knowledge of DOD Transportation Account Code (TAC) Procedures.
Knowledge of the US Navy’s AN/SQQ-89(V) series Sonar parts and material.
- Ability to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $106,925.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.