The Application Development (AppDev) Group at 1901 Group/Leidos currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work on our growing team in the Blacksburg, VA office. Remote opportunities are also available for the right candidate. In this project, we are modernizing our client's existing "legacy" applications to use a more current technology stack and assisting them in developing more modern processes. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in Software Development as a Quality Assurance Engineer to help our AppDev team continue to perform at a high level and meet our client's needs.
- Partner with a team of highly skilled software developers, engineers, and QA engineers responsible for delivering customized solutions for federal and commercial clients.
- Create and execute manual and automated test that will programmatically test the core functionality of existing systems.
- Create, deploy and execute new manual and automated tests which will test newly developed functionality within the systems.
- Analyze daily test reports, diagnose, and report software bugs utilizing approved procedures following software best practices after identifying issues within the code.
- Analyze daily test reports, diagnose, and resolve any bugs uncovered with the actual automated test cases themselves.
- Assist with prioritizing tasks from implementation through test and deployment during each Agile Sprint period.
- Collaborate with other software developers, QA analysts, operations staff, supervisors, and clients
- Provide team leads with technical expertise and schedule input to ensure development activities proceed as needed
- Require a BS degree and 2+ years of relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of a degree may be acceptable.
- Must have 3+ years being a member of a Quality Assurance Team.
- Must be knowledgeable of how to create and successfully execute manual and automated test cases.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use the Agile process to effectively communicate with your team and project leadership.
- Must have some familiarity with using Selenium or Katalon for Automated Testing.
- Must be someone with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have some familiarity with cross-browser and integrated application testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Familiar with software best practices to design and implement well-documented, maintainable code.
- Familiar with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, SOAP, JAVA , and SQL
- Familiar with UI/UX testing
- Familiar with cloud technology environments
- Familiar with some ticketing system (JIRA, Redmine, etc)
- Experience in Performance and/or Load testing
- Experience with Eclipse, Visual Studios, or similar
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $98,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.