1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr. Windows System Administrator to support a DOD customer. The Sr. Windows System Administrator will be required to gain expertise in multiple systems administration areas across the customers enterprise. This is viewed as a critical role within the System Operations Team and will contribute substantially to the team’s success.
- Build, configure and maintain Windows servers 2016 and 2019 on physical and virtual hosts.
- Work in hybrid multi-location operations team administering existing production environment.
- Perform configuration, troubleshooting, and management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and file/print.
- Build and deploy Group Policy Objects to enforce desired enterprise behavior.
- Perform patch and security configuration activities to ensure servers and databases under management are properly secured and up to date.
- Monitor health, performance, and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
- Manage and maintain the SCCM/MECM environment(s) including creation and maintenance of images
- Communicate well with Executives, Managers, Peers, and Customers.
- Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life cycle.
- Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix.
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties.
- Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Shared Desk and Help Desk teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 8 years experience
- Exposure to TCP/IP and other basic networking, and a desire to learn deeper networking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
- Positive attitude and high-energy approach to IT support. Desire to learn, work, and grow in a team environment.
- Familiar with ticketing systems and the value of good documentation
- Competent in essential administration concepts around Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Proven knowledge with Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, or M365.
- Familiar with solving simple, routine technical problems following established procedures and policies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proactive attitude toward ensuring all stakeholders are aware of tools activities and changes.
- Must have the ability to independently drive tasks to conclusion with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Experience with Active Directory, GPO creation and deployment, and DNS/DHCP
- Windows server administration skills.
- Strong system administration skills
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills.
- US Citizen who can obtain a DoD secret clearance.
- Must have 8570 certification (IAT Level II) CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP.
- List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Strong system configuration and automation skills.
- Experience with MS Azure and O365 cloud platform administration
- Experience configuring enterprise tools such as ScienceLogic SL1, Splunk, PRTG, Microsoft System Center, etc.
- Experience automating assigned tasks utilizing Python, PowerShell, bash or other scripting languages.
- IT Operations-related technical certifications (A+, Net+, Sec+, MTA, MCSA, RHCSA, CCNA, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.