Senior Software/Automated Test Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Senior Software/Automated Test Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a large, fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. Additionally, the program is using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. This program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
- Identify the tasking and resources needed to perform the automated test environment prep, manual to automated test procedure conversion development, develop automated test code and conduct informal and formal automated testing.
- Interface with Software Engineers, System Engineers, Information Assurance Engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Perform, monitor and identify issues uncovered during automated regression testing, covering a full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images.
- Assist the software development team, and work collaboratively with the following groups: Software Development, Systems Engineering, Integration, Deployment, Manual Test, and Sustainment.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph. Must be US Citizen.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and at least 12 years of related experience in Software Development and Testing. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Experience developing/testing on Windows, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, PERL, PowerShell, VBS, Eclipse, Postgres, Oracle, Jenkins on a Windows platforms.
- Must have experience with performing and automating regression testing for software-based systems.
- Must have experience analyzing test data, using configuration management tools, and testing applications.
- Must have a strong understanding of sound software development, and testing principles and practices.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience using Automated Test tools.
- Hands-on experience in testing or software development on an Agile team.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages.
SAFe® Agilist or DevOps certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.