The 1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Technical Writer Intern to work either in our Blacksburg, VA office, or from your home office. The intern must be able to work part-time 12-15 hours per week during the semester, with the option of working additional hours during the summer months. This is an exciting opportunity supporting the needs of members of the Office of Service Management Capability and gain valuable experience.
- Assisting the wider Operations team and clients through various activities such as
- Assembling existing knowledge documents into structured work instructions and procedures
- Gathering requirements for and authoring sections of process and work instruction documentation
- Coordinating action to address process improvement items
- Proofreading documents for structural clarity, accuracy, and style standards
- Becoming proficient in ServiceNow and IT Service Management good practices
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college/university in a related field
- Must be able to work for a minimum of 10 weeks during the target semester or summer break period
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain public trust is required
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience working with one or more of the following applications: Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Adobe Captivate, ServiceNow is a plus.
- Familiarity with ITSM or ITIL is not required, but would be a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $37,050.00 - $66,975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.