The Electronics MaintenanceTechnician is responsible for providing oversight, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and administrative services for all software and shall be responsibility to support the network infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, and gateways that support the building automation systems. The Technician shall work with SCADA systems for electrical, Metasys systems for HVAC / mechanical and Simplex systems for fire protection infrastructures.
This position may collaborate with more advanced specialized technicians or subcontractors to perform facility related troubleshooting and repairs on systems serving the spaces being monitored by the BAS. The BAS Technician shall effectively communicate with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, and solve complex monitoring and control problems.
The Technician must have the ability to identify and correct any performance related issues and perform independent IT equipment evaluations to identify potential IT equipment failures.
- Two years of hands-on experience providing operational support, training, and data entry/cleansing/validation within or supporting the population of a CMMS/EAM application.
- Experience may be substituted with the completion of certified CMMS training courses.
- General Maintenance and Administration of IT software and equipment will be required.
- Two years of hands-on experience installation, maintenance, and administration of a SCADA or EMCS network.
- Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program (IAWIP) certification
- Utilize and update all job operations related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience as an IT technician, combination of education and experience.
- Experience troubleshooting IT systems and Internet Protocol address (IP) communications anomalies
- Experience with maintaining servers, network switches and Modbus components
- Experience in supporting IT administrative functions related to creating new accounts, unlocking accounts
- Industrial Control Systems (ICS) network experience
- Metasys Software knowledge
- SCADA Software knowledge
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Systems Experience
- Data Transfer experience
- Security Plus (SEC+) Certification or Equivalent
Pay Range:Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.