The Defense group at Leidos has a career opening for an Information Assurance Engineer on a DISA contract.
This role is hybrid remote and on the customer site at Ft. Meade, MD. The candidate will be a senior team member managing IA support for several major DISA programs.
- Serve as the System Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for various customer systems as an IA Subject Matter Expert (SME) ensuring IA is built into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Develops Project Management Plan to attain and maintain ATOs.
- Perform ISSO responsibilities, including acting as a point of contact and subject matter expert for all cybersecurity related aspects to the assigned information systems, ensuring systems are maintained per security policies and procedures and maintaining compliance and ongoing reporting to management.
- Collaborate with program information assurance staff, program management, and local engineers to ensure an appropriate security posture and Authorization to Operate (ATO) accreditation conditions and requirements are maintained.
- Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) of the security relevance.
- Candidate will conduct regular briefings with the customer on cybersecurity status, including preparing briefing materials.
- Initiate the authorization or re-authorization efforts and process for new or expiring systems and coordinate, schedule, and attend required meetings.
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements, including coordinating the execution, review, and disposition of STIG checklists for systems, applications, developed code and other components.
- Review ACAS and container scans for each system and work with infrastructure leads to bring findings into remediation.
- Determine applicability of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts to assets.
- Performs and/or reviews technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non- compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Develop and maintain assessment and authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems, gather signatures, and submit to Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- The individual must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining DoD standard training and certification requirements as a condition of privileged access to any DoD information systems.
- Requires a US Citizenship and Secret Clearance.
- Require BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Hold and active security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+
- The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and self-assign work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership. Candidate shall have the ability to develop and present management level briefings.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology.
- Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DSS, etc.)
- NIST RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) experience.
- Experience with operating IT security tools, such as ACAS, HBSS, DISA STIGs
- Prior experience working Cybersecurity in accordance with US Government (USG), Department of Defense (DOD)
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.