The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) has an immediate opportunity for a Chief Systems Engineer to join the growing EW division supporting key Air Force missions in Dayton, OH. In the Radio Frequency (RF) Systems Engineer role, you will be responsible for the planning, oversight, and execution of Radar, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW) projects.
You will lead engineering efforts spanning complex RF systems and subsystems. You will work closely with contractor and government scientists, engineers, and experts to understand and define key test requirements and objectives. The successful candidate will have hands on experience in RF, Radar, Communication, and EW technologies and test, evaluation, and integration practices.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
· Lead test and evaluation activities for RF systems – have experience operating RF systems and changing software/firmware loads for varying functionality
· Oversee and orchestrate technical activities across a divers team of test engineers and technicians
· Develop build and apply software tools in Python and MATLAB
· Design and develop RF systems using embedded processors (FPGAs, etc.) and RF components (antennas, LNAs, Filters, mixers, modulators, etc.)
· Organized and experienced with thorough documentation such as writing test reports, summarizing test results, and document test configurations and conditions
· Conduct in-depth technical intra-company collaboration
· Manage and operate RF lab equipment including spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, vector network analyzers, etc.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues during the test and integration events
· Effectively communicate with external and internal stakeholders
· Master's degree or BS and equivalent and 15 years of prior relevant experience
· Experience with writing and/or developing test procedures for EW systems and subsystems
· Strong knowledge of RF, Radar, communications, and EW theory
· Experience developing RF related software products
· Ability to work, collaborate, and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary engineering team
· Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new tools, methods, and techniques
· Experience with EW and/or Radar Waveforms, Signal Processing Techniques, RF lab verification, test and evaluation, and engineering analysis tools such as MATLAB or Python
· Willingness to travel
· Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to acquire a DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance
· U.S. Citizenship required
· Existing TS/SCI clearance
· Experience with software defined radios (SDRs)
· Open Mission System (OMS) / Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) experience
· RF system hardware in the loop (HITL/HWIL) experience
· Experience with processing I/Q data
· Previous test instrumentation experience
· MS or PhD. in Engineering
· Experience leading test and evaluation efforts for DoD customers
· Experience with embedded systems (FPGAs, firmware/software)
· Advanced knowledge of RF and EW theory
· Existing TS/SCI clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $257,325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.