Leidos Corporate Group is currently seeking Senior Technical Accountant to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role on the Corporate Controller Team in Reston – VA.
We are seeking a high-energy Senior Accountant who thrives in a collaborative environment to join our technical accounting team. The Senior Accountant will be an integral team member in the determination of complex accounting treatments for highly technical matters, including: revenue recognition, accounting for leases, asset impairment (goodwill and intangible assets), business combinations, derivatives and other complex technical accounting issues.
You will support key business partners by ensuring relevant and reliable information on a timely basis. You must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders and bring transparency into complex accounting matters explaining the underlying processes and controls.
This is a highly visible position working with members of the executive team and provides solid opportunities for advancement. This is a writing-intensive position so applicants will need to submit a writing sample for consideration.
- Develop, administer and advise on Company accounting policies
- Research FASB and SEC guidance to determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Review complex agreements and prepare accounting treatment memos
- Perform due diligence for acquisition targets
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of and guidance on accounting issues
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities including quarterly disclosure processes
- Support the Controller team with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Prepare quarterly and annual footnote disclosures
- Review work papers and documentary evidence developed in support of SEC filings
- Support other SEC filings or investor communications including press releases, conference call scripts, investor conference materials, registration statements, proxy statements, etc., as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university and at least 4 years of experience in Accounting field
- Experience writing technical memos and preparing technical presentations
- CPA or CPA-eligible (in-process required)
- Self-directed with proven ability to research complex issues, work independently, and multi-task several projects efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $106,925.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.