Leidos is looking for a Junior Systems Administrator to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a highly complex and fast-paced program. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing daily system administration and O&M support activities in support of a complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails the daily sustainment of existing computing and network systems at various locations, with a particular focus on the set-up and maintenance of an off-site location.
The selected individual will be responsible for monitoring infrastructure systems, applications, and processes, and for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. She/he will provide support for all infrastructure systems and will respond to hardware and software incidents impacting local users as well as working with and taking direction from senior system administrators, at times working with them remotely from other locations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Handling IT Help Desk calls and emails, ensuring all interactions are handled timely and in a professional manner.
- Utilizing enterprise monitoring solutions to identify alarms that have been triggered against the environments.
- Working with more senior technicians in identifying, troubleshooting, and correcting hardware and software issues including network connectivity.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects, and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
- Proactively contacting customers when infrastructure processes are significantly delayed or may impact their ability to complete a business function on time.
- Executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems in order to rapidly and accurately identify and remediate IAVAs.
- Initiating IAVA responses and system security scans; completing remediation; extending IAVA patches and security updates on various IT and network systems.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation to ensure clear, concise and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Providing support for implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related technical field and at least four (4) years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Must have direct, hands-on experience providing assistance to users in an IT or similar customer service capacity.
- Must have experience providing information for and documenting technical processes.
- Must have experience with Data Center design and configuration (e.g., rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Must have experience working on an IT/software program that utilizes complex equipment/systems (ex. Network Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling, Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, etc.).
- Must have experience or familiarity with IT system optimization, monitoring, and/or other technical set-up and troubleshooting.
- Must be capable of responding very quickly to customer inquiries in a clear, concise manner, to include providing detailed and comprehensive status reports and follow-ups.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be able to respond to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an as-needed on-call basis.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time to other program location(s), usually on a day-to-day basis (i.e., not overnight).
- Experience or familiarity with security standards, software architectures and/or Network security technologies (Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment, etc.).
- Experience supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment or on an Agile Team.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.