DIGIT is seeking a Google Workspace Engineer to support GSA’s collaboration platform with a focus on Google Workspace based technologies and interfaces.
As a leading provider of advanced information technology solutions and professional services to U.S. federal government agencies, is the prime for a $807m task order in support of the General Services Administration (GSA) Office of Digital Infrastructure Technologies (IDT) DIGIT (Digital Innovation for GSA Infrastructure Technologies) task order driving digital transformation and delivering continuous improvement and business value to its customers. The team is comprised of the best-in-class technology partners to leverage forward-leaning technologies and best practices to transform GSA’s IT capabilities and shift offerings to provide a more flexible service delivery model, completing the agency’s shift to a fully digital experience along with its adoption of advanced, emerging technologies such as intelligent automation, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
This position shall perform the following (to include but not limited to) activities:
- Oversee Google Workspace management, including GMail, Calendar, Group, Shared Mailboxes, Google Sites, and associated policy and account management.
- Manage and monitor sync tools and schedules to ensure proper logging, email alerts, and reports for all activities
- Oversee eDiscovery / Litigation Holds- Provides work direction to lower-level analysts and programmers
- Reviews workflow and limitations to determine if requested capability or modification is possible within existing configurations and systems
- Studies information processing capabilities to evaluate effectiveness and develops new capabilities to improve production or workflow
- Prepares workflow chart and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by computers and operations to be performed by personnel working with computers
- Plans and prepares technical reports and instructional manuals and assists in the documentation of applications development
- Performs routine assignments that normally require conferring with end-users to analyze requirements, such as forms of data input, how data is to be manipulated and summarized, and how reports are to be formatted
- Escalate issues to vendor and third-party entities, as necessary and directed by the Government.
This following are REQUIRED for this position:
- Professional Google Workspace Administrator Certification.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise email systems and SMTP servers and clients. Experience supporting and troubleshooting Google SMTP services, DMARC, encryption, routing, Anti-Spam/Virus, and delivery issues.
- Public Trust Clearance and ITILv4 Foundation Certification by start date
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- May supervise lower-level staff if required
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities.
- Proven ability to work independently in a full and/or partial remote environment with limited supervision and may supervise/lead others.
- Possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients.
- Maintain standard working hours per the DIGIT contract and to be available for meetings, and other collaborative efforts during working hours.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments with the ability to use practical experience and training to determine how to accomplish tasks.
CONTRACT DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following are DESIRED for this position:
- Possess basic networking concept knowledge including, but not limited to, DNS, network topologies, firewalls, and proxies
- Possess an understanding of mail routing concepts (SPF, MX records, DKIM, DMARC)
- Scripting experience working with the Google Workspace API and command-line tools
- Experience using ServiceNow for ticket management and inventory management.
- Proficiency in the Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Chat, Meet, Docs, Slides, Sheets), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Slack, and ServiceNow.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including holidays as scheduled.
The following are the education and experience required for this position:
- 4+ years of experience and bachelor's degree. However, a combination of continuing education including certifications may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
- Experience as a remote worker demonstrating time management and self discipline with cultural change management and Agile mindset.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- If remote, maintain home workspace in a safe manner, free from safety hazards and in line with information security policies.
- Communicate verbally in person, over the phone or by video chat and clearly/succinctly in writing, primarily utilizing a keyboard.
- Appear on camera for meetings with co-workers and government partners via video chat and ensure the protection of proprietary company and customer information is consistent with the company’s expectation of information security.
- Viewing computer screens and sitting for long periods of time.
- Travel minimally (0-5%), via car or plane, which requires ability to manage luggage, laptop, and briefing materials (up to 25 pounds).
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.