Are you a leader looking to launch your career to the next level?
As a Substation Engineering Manager within Leidos’ Power Delivery Solutions division, you will have the opportunity to act as the CEO of your own team. You will lead, develop, and manage, a large, established team of substation, protection and control, and CAD resources with a long history of completing complex engineering projects around the globe. You will collaborate closely with the organization’s cross-functional teams, while maintaining our high standards of client satisfaction and the production of high-quality work. This role reports directly to the VP of Substation Engineering.
Are you passionate about helping to transform the energy industry? Leidos enables utilities to keep pace with this ever-changing market while also reliably and efficiently generating and delivering energy.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, like to be in charge of the operations of an entire team, and love to collaborate, keep reading!
The Mission Leidos Engineering is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Solutions Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Power Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Portland, OR protection and control, substation physical, CAD, and SCADA/settings teams: in charge of employee engagement, performance reviews, salary negotiations, interviewing/hiring, work quality, budgets and schedules, mentorship and growth, proposal development, project execution, client interaction, and business development.
- Prepare and review proposals, technical write-ups and project approach documents for small, medium and large projects and Master Service Agreements (MSAs). This includes preparation and review of comprehensive project scopes of work and accurate man-hour estimates.
- Build meaningful relationships with our robust list of long-standing clients. Function as client Point of Contact (P.O.C) and liaison with clients on project-related issues.
- Provide technical training and mentorship to junior staff.
- Understand and apply industry standards, applicable state and federal safety codes, regulatory compliance requirements and construction codes to projects.
- Provide technical oversight, direction, and support for project teams.
- Ensure and facilitate project team collaboration and communication across all disciplines and resolve design conflicts as required.
- Collaborate with our internal team of talent acquisition (TA), human resources (HR), project management organization (PMO), and financial team members to align the objectives of the Portland team with the objectives of the larger section and division.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university, with eight plus (8+) years of relevant experience in utility substation/P&C engineering
- Experience as a substation/P&C engineer leading projects and performing QC reviews
- Proposal and budget model creation
- Expertise with staff training/mentorship
- Experience with serving as firm-client liaison
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time
You Might Also Have:
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification
- Active membership in national engineering societies and work-groups (IEEE, PES, etc.)
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training, and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.