1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for and Infrastructure Operations Manager to support our GAO customer. This is a great opportunity to work with an elite team of IT professionals to maintain a collaborative, engaged, and productive environment. Bring your existing technical and people experience to support an exceptional team to sustain and grow our trajectory of accomplishment.
- Oversee management of the customer’s server, storage, network, virtualization, and cloud hosted environments.
- Organize, lead, and document operations team tasks and incidents, problems, and changes.
- Oversee and ensure ongoing resolution of operations tickets in GAOs ticketing system by coordinating the efforts of local and remote technical staff.
- Oversee the support, monitoring, and management of infrastructure components.
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills and proficiency with design, implementation, and support of Microsoft solutions, enterprise server, storage, network, and virtualization components.
- Evaluate and architect network, server, and storage architecture plans.
- Manage 10-15 analysts, administrators, and engineers to provide technical support for the GAO customer.
- Manage team to compliance with established SLAs, KPIs, and Service Management processes. Identify problem areas and work with team, management, and customers to resolve and improve.
- Manage resource performance through coaching, communication, and performance reviews.
- Propose training plans to ensure existing and future staff are prepared to manage mix of technical work coming in from customers. Ensure staff have a training and career progression plan.
- Manage technical resource allocations and workloads to ensure work is prioritized, driven to completion, and status is communicated to stakeholders.
- Maintain positive and proactive customer engagement to resolve issues and challenges as they arise with appropriate escalation.
- Demonstrate a positive leadership style, with strong teamwork skills.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills to provide effective approaches to technical team, customers, and management. Apply logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours based on business needs.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years’ experience or additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 2-3 years providing managed service support with full or partially remote IT operations support teams.
- Able to manage teams with resources simultaneously leveraged across multiple programs and adjust as changing priorities dictate between customers.
- Able to manage conflicts between technical and business requirements, communicating effectively to develop solutions.
- Working technical knowledge of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, MS Office 365, Citrix VDI, enterprise networking, MS Server infrastructure, and data center best practices.
- Comfortable leading and working with all levels of technical team members. Able to identify and remove roadblocks.
- Able to apply logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Able to switch gears readily and easily in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- Excellent oral/written and interpersonal communication.
- Knowledgeable in identifying, initiating, managing, and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Work onsite at customer site in Washington, D.C. at least two days per business week, 8 AM – 5 PM Eastern. Up to 60% remote work is allowable with flexibility to support maintenance activities and unplanned events (infrequent).
- •A US Citizen who can obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Technical background in enterprise environments to support team interaction, project estimation, and project management engagement.
- An experienced engineer who understands cloud environments and cloud migration strategies.
- Experience working and coordinating with technology vendors for enhanced support and quotes for services.
- A developing leader who has a growing understanding for how to monitor, train, evaluate, and encourage a talented and exceptional team.
- A technician with deep experience in modern information technology, able to understand the vocabulary and concepts to support team operations.
- A communicator who can bridge the gap between the business and technical sides of the business, interpreting and clarifying perspectives to enable coordination and consensus.
- A courageous and compassionate leader that focuses on team health and performance, removes roadblocks, and accepts responsibility for issues.
- Existing federal clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.