At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos National Security Sector is seeking a Software Developer to support an enterprise IT program in northern Virginia. Candidates should have current, on the job experience, with Angular/Java/MySQL. Any experience with Spring Boot and STS experience is also preferred. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has been in or who is interested in leadership roles.
A current and active TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required for this position. We do not have the ability to sponsor clearance processing for this role.
The Software Developer will be a member of a seven-person Developer team working with Lean Agile methodology. In this role the Software Developer and team shall:
- Participate in all Lean Agile scrums, sprints and grooming sessions.
- Perform Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product integration and development efforts.
- Ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Consult and coordinate appropriately for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, and task clarification.
- Work in partnership with an integrated team of staff and contractors.
- Understand the cloud environments, such as AWS or Azure.
- Coordinate and collaborate with security, operations, engineering, testing and other teams to provide system information and technical support.
- Create, manage and update Jira tickets.
- Design, develop and modify software systems.
- Document and track vendor software roadmaps for software and patch version updates.
- Unit test their software and perform code reviews.
- Current and active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing detailed design and associated deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience translating customer and system requirements into design.
- Demonstrated experience designing system interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience developing Single Page Applications using HTML5, CSS3, and Angular 2+.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing RESTful web services using Java 8+ or other technologies such as Spring Framework 4+, or Spring Security 4+.
- Demonstrated experience working with non-relational database systems such as DynamoDB.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with and troubleshooting of Internet and Web related protocols and technologies such as Tomcat, Nodejs, Web Services, or SSL.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing JUnit and Jasmine tests.
- Demonstrated experience with testing platforms such as Jest or Karma.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, or Nexus
- Demonstrated recent experience with the client’s Lean Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated experience using ErDoS for reporting sprint MVI burn-up and top line charts, as well as MVI features and user stories.
- Demonstrated experience with CFS, FSS, TagIt, KnoMAD, and TagIt digest.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/03/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.