Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Project Scheduler who will work alongside project managers, construction managers and lead engineers for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division. The position will be client facing and responsible for creating, maintaining, and driving resource and cost loaded schedules.
The Project Scheduler will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation, and transmission line projects nationwide.
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction: Share your resume with us today.
Note: This position allows for 75% remote work. The selected candidate must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Long Island, NY.
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
- Developing, maintaining and driving engineering and construction schedules for various sized transmission & distribution projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located throughout the United States
- Must be proficient with Primavera ( P6 )
- Work with Project Management using earned value techniques to ensure that schedule and costs are aligned, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
- Development of schedule and controls reports to produce weekly/monthly reports for client and internal management review (i.e. Resource loading analysis and schedules, critical path items and risk analysis, etc.)
- Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, schedule and risks across a portfolio of distribution projects
- Assist the project manager with the creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Junior Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with two plus (2+) years of relevant Project scheduling experience
- Mid-Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with four plus (4+) years of relevant Project scheduling experience
- Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within transmission or distribution design
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
You Might Also Have:
- PMP Certification is preferred but not required, however with the desire to obtain PMP Certification within two years
- One plus (1+) years’ experience with Primavera P6 Scheduling
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’d like to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.