All candidates must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY level clearance upon request is REQUIRED to be considered.
As a Sr Geospatial Analyst / Data Steward you will apply expert knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial analysis support for customer in St. Louis, MO. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team and will deliver operations research applications (databases, websites, tools and products) to enhance geospatial analysis and research in support of intelligence mission requirements. The candidate should have a strong scripting/programming background and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as they deem appropriate.
· Generate scripts to automate various production processes.
· Author and publish Data products as web services.
· Develop applications to enhance data accessibility/discoverability/dissemination.
· Develop processes leveraging existing databases to assist in production efforts.
· The candidate will work directly with customers and assisting team members to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse reporting from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence maps and other intelligence products.
· You will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise key leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate.
· You will exercise oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency, military service components, and DoD and national-level intelligence agencies.
· In this position you will also assist in the development and documentation of analytical procedures, development and maintenance of geodatabases, and may be required to educate and demonstrate new methodologies and instruct on the use of advanced GIS applications.
· BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
· **Active TS SCI required**
· Candidate must possess a minimum of 11 years relevant experience.
· Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field to the support services counts toward the experience requirements.
· Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience using Python and XML.
· Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience using ArcGIS (e.g. ArcMap, Arc Catalog and ArcToolbox), as well as other software tools such as GoogleEarth, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with team members, customer representatives, external customers, and functional peer groups.
· The successful candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
· Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines.
· Candidate should work well as part of a team effort. Candidate will have GIS scripting experience with one or more of the following VBA, Python, Python Virtual Environments, Perl, or other languages.
· Experience working with multiple data specifications and formats.
· Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
· Familiarity with JSON.
· Familiarity with Oracle or SQL relational databases.
· GUI development.
· Experience with Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) of geospatial data.
· Familiarity with ESRI geodatabase design and data modeling.
· Familiarity with Python IDE, Notepad/Notepad++, CMD, and HTML viewers/editors
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.