The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist to perform on a new Systems Engineering and Integration program. The successful candidate will provide enterprise-wide engineering support to an operational government customer within the Intelligence Community. Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions for program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results.
This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph. The Data Scientist will be expected to build statistical models, test hypotheses, interpret, summarize, visualize, and succinctly report on data holdings. The candidate will be required to write scripts (coding), perform look ups and data pulls, provide development and engineering support to system alerts and sensors to monitor user activity and extract and transform audit log data. In this position you will design, test and implement auditing and reporting processes and document all processes described. This position will conduct technical investigations of data handling incidents and coordinate with team members, including program management and Customers that are non-technical.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
As a Data Scientist you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide expert and professional data analysis to implement effective and innovative solutions meshing disparate data types to discover insights and trends.
- Centralize data collection and synthesis, including survey data, enabling strategic and predictive analytics to guide business decisions.
- Develop or utilize complex programmatic and quantitative methods to find patterns and relationships in data sets; lead statistical modeling, or other data-driven problem-solving analysis to address novel or abstract business operation questions; and incorporate insights and findings into a range of products.
- Create detailed write-ups of processes used, logic applied, and methodologies used for creation, validation, analysis, and visualizations. Write ups shall occur initially on process development and be updated in writing when changes occur.
- Provide an advanced capability for data analysis of information from disparate data types, promoting visualization and storytelling to discover insights that help guide business decisions.
- Be forward leaning, exploring solutions that benefit elements individually and collectively. Let the data tell the story including what is inconsistent or contradictory, and automate data cleansing as much as possible.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of procedural guidance, templates and data formats, to include government, military, and contractor support. Review, assess data, identify data deficiencies and recommend solutions for remediation. Support quantitative and analytic efforts for planning and development.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in social sciences or related fields and requisite experience. Related fields may include statistics, mathematics, computer science, physical science, economics, or engineering.
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Relevant IC experience
- Demonstrated experience performing data analysis and modeling on an independent (i.e., without significant guidance or direction) basis
- Demonstrated experience in developing and applying quantitative methods to find patterns and relationships in large data sets using statistical and graphical packages
- Demonstrated experience with structuring data, natural language processing, database technologies, and machine learning algorithms.
- Ability to translate complex, technical, or analytic findings into an easily understood narrative - tell a story with the data in graphical, verbal, or written form.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated experience in the use of programming, design, development, and implementation of online and automated survey instruments
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:09/28/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.