Serve as an C5ISR Subject Matter Expert and Instructor to train Sailors in operational employment and maintenance of the High Frequency Radio Group(HFRG) AN/URC-131(V). Responsibilities include training in the classroom and in the hands on performance/scenario-based laboratory and curriculum development and updates.
Associates or Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Candidates must have a minimum of 7 years US Navy surface warfare combat systems/platform experience with carriers, DDGs, CGs, LCS, large deck, smaller amphibious ships or land based test sites. Experience as an Operator Supervisor or Maintenance Technician desired.
- Electronics Technician “A” School is a prerequisite.
• U.S. Citizenship and Active Secret Security Clearance are required.
• Ability to write clear, concise, and easily readable technical correspondence to document reviews of technical recommendations following technical reviews and collating of comments.
• Articulate in oral and written presentations; possess high organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
• Experience working dynamic programs with fluctuating scope and integrated coordination of multiple engineering disciplines.
• Possess an understanding of US Navy system architecture and combat systems across logical, functional, hardware, software components.
• Possess operational knowledge of US Navy combatants, weapon systems, and threats.
Additionally, must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the team and customers. Two (2) years experience’ with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is preferred. A formal degree or the combination of education, technical certifications, training or work/military experience supporting engineering or analysis experience is always a plus.
• B.S. or Advanced Degree in engineering, analysis, or related discipline desired but not required.
• Experience with training and readiness of Navy vessels
• Experience as an communications Area Supervisor, CSOOW or CSC
• NEC (V26B) High Frequency Radio Group Maintenance Technician.
• Master or Afloat Training Specialist
Pay Range:Pay Range $61,750.00 - $111,625.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.