Leidos is seeking a Master Scheduler and Planner for a new Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) program. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of creating and maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for the enterprise program and multiple individual sites. The Scheduler must have high-level MS Project skills. They will be required to facilitate meetings and work one-on-one to ascertain project activities, resources, requirements, predecessors, successors, impacts, milestones, etc. They will construct and maintain the MS Project plan daily, distribute weekly, run reports, and generate various views.
- Responsible for applying scheduling theory to develop and maintain the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and related artifacts in compliance with scheduling best practices and applicable standards
- Implement program scheduling business rhythms, developing baseline schedules and associated artifacts to meet contractual/project requirements, and monitoring, analyzing, and reporting performance against baseline schedules to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule
- Strong communications skills with the ability to work with the functional areas to identify and maintain all schedule tasks and dependencies
- Generate, publish and maintain an accurate a Master Schedule, using MS Project and the customer’s tools, showing the tasks and resources required to deliver on-time, per customer requirements and milestones
- Work closely with PMO, SE&I site and team leads, and external organizations to develop detailed schedules, keep these schedules current and seamlessly integrated into the Master Schedule
- Provide hands-on development of layered schedules detailing how a specific project is progressing including how the project contributes to overarching program requirements and objectives
- Ensure internal and external dependencies are documented and tracked for risk management
- Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events.
- Identify critical path and task dependencies
- Set and maintain the baseline schedule and track all changes to the baselined schedule on a weekly basis
- Perform ‘what if’ scenarios within the schedule
- Develop schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure they are followed during the development and maintenance of schedules
- Perform schedule estimating through elicitation of team members and other stakeholders to capture estimations of new work, updated actuals and remaining work
- Champion and support continuous Risk Mitigation and Issue Management through schedule analysis
- Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of relevant experience, Master’s degree with 10-13 years
- Must have a TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- MS Project and/or other schedule management tools (e.g., MS Project Server/Deltek Open Plan)
- Understanding of Critical Path
- Resource loading/management
- Baseline Change Control
- Ability to work independently with overall responsibility for the Master Schedule
- Proven ability to work well within a team/collaborative environment
- Scheduling theory and related best-practices (e.g., PASEG)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certification
- Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) using the NSIS process framework
Pay Range:Pay Range $108,550.00 - $196,225.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.