Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking an Energy Market Analyst with a strong desire to be part of a well-established and growing North American power market consulting practice. Our team of professionals serves the independent power and electrical utility markets providing consulting services such as: price forecasting services, energy market analysis, asset valuation, and energy market advisory services.
The Mission: Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. The consulting group of approximately 100 employees is primarily engaged in private sector power opportunities and offers consulting services, independent engineering services, mergers & acquisition consulting, market analysis, and transmission study services. Our highly knowledgeable engineers and consultants work across functions to collaborate and challenge each other to innovate for our clients.
Location: Ideal candidate would be located within commuting distance to Washington DC.
- Evaluate emerging issues relevant to the North American energy sector to support client needs.
- Assist in the development of asset and portfolio market projections and valuation.
- Create consulting work products including Market Consultant’s Reports for various clients such as utilities, energy development companies, financial institutions, and energy service companies.
- Work both independently and in collaboration with colleagues and managers, who are conducting and/or leading energy market consulting studies.
- Conduct market research, perform market analysis, model operation of power generation assets and portfolios using proprietary Leidos tools and simulation models as well as licensed software tools and databases, draft reports and presentation materials.
What Sets You Apart: (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics/Statistics, or related field with two plus (2+) years of relevant experience, preferably in economic consulting work within or related to the North American energy industry.
- Strong knowledge of the major US regional power markets.
- Expertise with Excel for ad hoc data analysis required.
- Proficiency with Aurora, ProMod, or other similar utility/market simulation models preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff.
- Excellent analytical, technical writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload and successfully meet deadlines across a variety of concurrent projects.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $113,975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.