Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Senior Software Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Senior Software Engineer position located in Southwest Virginia with opportunities to work remotely.
Our new Senior Software Engineer will support cloud migrations and modernization for our clients. These contracts include the software life cycle including development, testing, deployment, and release management leveraging DevSecOps processes.
- After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will work with a team of highly skilled software developers, engineers and QA analysts responsible for delivering customized solutions for federal and commercial clients.
- Participate in design, development, testing, and release of key functionality for large scale custom software projects to meet customer requirements
- You will work to develop core functionality for existing systems, create and execute unit tests, and assist with deployment of new software to the user community.
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve software bugs utilizing approved procedures following software best practices
- Work prioritized tasks from implementation through test and deployment during each Agile Sprint period.
- Collaborate with other software developers, QA analysts, operations staff, supervisors, and clients
- Provide team leads with technical expertise and level of effort of a task, updates and risk management approaches to ensure development activities proceed as needed.
- A software developer with a Bachelors’ degree and 8-12 years or a Masters degree with 6-8 years of experience developing and supporting software applications, specifically common programming languages such as C# or Java
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, SOAP
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases, database design data modeling and SQL
- Responsible for researching technical issues and provide a clear path to resolution
- Experienced in Agile and Scrum development methodologies and processes
- Previous experience with code reviews
- Excellent written/verbal communication.
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance (which includes three years of immediate residency in the US).
- Experience with cloud technology environments
- Design and development of web services experience
- Previous cross browser development experience
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.