The Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) has an immediate opening for a Communications Information Officer, also known as a Program Information Officer (PIO). Are you up to the challenge? If so, then bring your energy, experience, and communication skills to this new position. This role is a newly defined project support function within the DOE/NNSA program office. This program is designed to build a sustainable pathway between DOE/NNSA’s laboratories and production sites with Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics colleges and universities. We are looking for a self-starter for this role to perform the new PIO functions and serve as a key team member for ongoing operations. This function will provide direct support to the Federal Program Manager (FPM) including planning, and responding to routine project information requests, and ad hoc requests. Such information requests may include, but are not limited to: Quarterly Program Reports, Congressional Questions and Answers, and NNSA’s Managing and Operating Contractor Performance Documents.
This is a full-time hybrid position onsite at the NNSA offices in Washington D.C. with 2-3 days of telework (after training).
- Serve as lead POC/coordinator for strategic communications documents, such as, but not limited to: command briefings; program-level command briefings; one-pagers and fact sheets intended for external audiences; and congressional reports
- Develop, compile, and review communications materials (presentations, white papers, Q&A documents, etc) to support strategic communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain inventory of strategic documents such as command briefings on a quarterly or annual basis as appropriate
- Track status and key developments on high-priority topics to ensure accurate and consistent messaging across NA-19 deliverables
- Work closely with technical experts to convey complex, technical information to non-technical audiences
- Work closely with NA-19’s budget team to prepare talking points and briefing materials to support the federal budget process
- Support in the preparation of reports for external stakeholders, such as, but not limited to, Congressionally mandated reports and responses to GAO inquiries and audits
- Provide technical editing support to the NA-19 Front Office and NA-19 programs as appropriate
- Support the Assistant Deputy Administrator (ADA)/Deputy Assistant Deputy Administrator (DADA) and other NA-19 staff in meetings within Defense Programs and NNSA more broadly, as well as with other agencies and organizations, as appropriate
- Ensure that action items/responses are documented and completed in a professional and timely manner, and in conformance with Defense Programs, NNSA, and DOE policy, procedure, and precedent
- Serve as a liaison between the program, team, management, operating partners, and external teams (NNSA Leadership, Congressional Affairs, etc.) to provide program communication support
- Respond to ad hoc requests for technical information, including updates to management, addressing information requests, and reviewing presentations
- Participate in external meetings, conferences, and events
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q
- Ability to track and follow through on multiple often unanticipated daily, weekly, and monthly tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with frequent and extensive use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and dashboards/business intelligence reports or similar programs
- Demonstrated experience in developing briefings for management
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills; ability to synthesize information into meaningful messages for various audiences
- Ability to integrate and analyze data and information from a variety of sources
- Skilled at delivering results on short timelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience with web-based research and literature reviews
- Shows initiative; ability to work as a team player and independently
- Careful attention to detail, ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills
- Master’s Degree with at least 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Public trust position with the ability to qualify for DOE L (SECRET) security clearance in the future
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro: (ability to create, combine, and protect fillable documents)
- Experience with SharePoint (Can create file structures and manage accesses)
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $106,925.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.