Leidos is currently seeking a Test Engineer for the Visualizing Enterprise Geospatial Analytics (VEGA) Business Intelligence tool on the Sustainment for Analysis Services (SAS) Program. The Test Engineer will create and execute test processes and plans for VEGA releases. The Test Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of data flowing through our sources, pipelines, and reports. This will involve designing and executing test plans, analyzing results, and working closely with software engineers and analysts to test big data, non-structured data, troubleshoot and resolve issues. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with SQL and data testing. This position will be leveraging cloud-based data pipelines and technologies.
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Create and implement product test plan and strategies to ensure the product meets business requirements and user expectations.
- Design and execute test plans to validate the accuracy and completeness of data.
- Analyze test results and identify issues, defects, and opportunities for improvement.
- Perform testing on data and data analytics test primarily on structures and non-structured data.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of traditional SQL data warehouses and Business Intelligence (BI).
- Collaborate with the software engineers to develop test scripts, analyze tests, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Detect and catalog defects with appropriate detail so they can be resolved quickly and effectively. Identify and effectively communicate quality risks and mitigation strategies so that appropriate measures can be implemented.
- Document and communicate test results to project team and management to facilitate a decision for release.
- Define regression testing plans and execute regression tests.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Current Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of strong working experience in test methodologies with demonstrated test experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 5+ years of experience in data testing with solid working knowledge in advanced SQL (fact loads, surrogate key, joins, data comparison across tables, automated job executions).
- 5+ years of experience in designing test scenarios, test execution, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting results.
- Experience with a System Team within the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience with reviewing code check-ins to understand the impact of code changes on system functionality and potential applications bugs.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based data pipelines and technology (i.e., Azure services).
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and approaches in data testing.
- Experience with functionality, compatibility, usability, and exploratory testing practices.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
This position has a target range for compensation of $168,000 - $188,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.