Leidos is looking for a SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) Engineer / Splunk Certified Admin to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a large, complex, and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. The program provides system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support for a program that is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
Job Summary / Primary Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for configuring the collection, parsing, correlation, and visualization of events for a critical operational system. She/he will demonstrate strong skills in system administration, log management, event correlation, and threat detection and will support building and maintaining a system that analyzes collected data and derives facts, inferences, and projections to determine if the systems being monitored are operating normally. The individual will work on a team responsible for configuring the systems which support analysts and end-users. The successful candidate will support the collection and extraction of data used to refine existing and new reports, analytics, and dashboards, and will be involved with the drafting and creation of reports and dashboards based on end-user requirements. She/he will also support the integration of resources across teams to better define the audit data being collected to eliminate false positives and false negatives from the data.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Information Assurance, or a related discipline and at least eight (8) years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- At least two (2) years of experience with one or more of the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, ArcSight, Splunk.
- Experience in design, implementation, and support of Splunk core components, including indexers, forwarders, search heads, and cluster managers.
- Experience with configuration and administration of Splunk ingestion and forwarding for new and existing applications and data.
- Experience with troubleshooting Splunk dataflow issues between the various Splunk core components.
- Experience configuring and deploying data collection for a variety of operating systems and networking platforms.
- Experience creating Dashboards and Analytics within SIEM tools.
- Experience working with monitoring systems supporting auditing, incident response, and system health.
- Understanding of networking components and devices, ports, protocols, and basic networking troubleshooting steps.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues with log feeds, search time, and field extractions.
- The ability to troubleshoot problems related to data solutions.
- Network Security Operations Center (SOC) experience.
- Experience and talent in data visualization.
- Experience creating workflows for Incident Response within a SIEM Tool.
- Security+ Certification.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler Certification.
- GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification.
- Cybersecurity certifications.
- Formal SIEM training.
- Experience working on an Agile team/program.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.