Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos is making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient.
Our Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) quality team at Leidos currently has an opening for a Quality Engineer Technician out of our Vista, CA location. The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) team has developed a suite of integrated solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. We provide automated threat detection for weapons, narcotics, explosives, contraband, and undeclared goods, as well as nuclear and radioactive materials, by leveraging industry leading screening technologies, AI/ML capabilities and advanced biometric tools. We have more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries, including best-in-class security checkpoint and inspection systems for people, checked baggage and more.
This is your opportunity to support new product introductions, work hands on with the latest in cutting edge technology, collaborate with teammates on business-critical programs, and impact Leidos’ future success.
- This role will provide overarching QA support including directing implementation of QA/QC practices into the manufacturing process, drive standard work, monitor staff performance; including aligning staff to appropriate areas based on skills/capabilities.
- This role is essential to perform 1st shift final operational test/verification (system), support Factory Acceptance Testing (with/without customer), final paperwork/packaging review prior to shipment and perform supplier audits/qualification.
- This person will manage CARs/SCARs for the facility; RCCA training (as needed); and update Quality documents for the facility.
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or master’s with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance and obtain other clearances (e.g.; secret clearance) as needed (US citizenship required).
- Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products
- Understanding of Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) practices and IPC related standards for printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Familiarity of wide range of measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gauges, plug gauges, etc.
- Microsoft office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Advanced Six Sigma / Problem Solving Tools
- Advanced Excel skills
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques such as control charting and assessing of process capability
- Design of Experiments / ANOVA / Gauge Reliability and Repeatability (GR&R) Studies
- Prior Security Clearance
- Lean Six Sigma certification
Check out the links below to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES)
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $98,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.