UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a motivated, experienced, and innovative Payroll and Benefits Accountant to join our Accounting and Business Operations (ABO) team, which is primarily located in Reston – VA, Tucson – AZ, and Oak Ridge – TN. As a core member of the ABO team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of projects and programs in the areas of general accounting.
This role will leverage your knowledge in Operational Accounting to provide leadership and guidance to the Corporate and Group Operations team. It will also allow telecommute with potential for in-office engagement and training activities.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Accounting and Business Operations will support the Mission, Vision and Values of Leidos in a collaborative, transformational and inclusive team environment with the goals of optimizing cash flow, delivering accurate financial results, maintain a high standard of transparency and compliance for our stakeholders.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Prepare and record payroll journal entries (e.g., earnings, benefit withholdings, taxes, etc.) ensuring that the JE is properly supported for audit purposes and properly recorded in the ledger
- Become familiar with accounting policies to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Provide timely processing of non-purchase orders for the approval process
- Prepare periodic account reconciliations related to payroll, payroll taxes and employee benefit withholdings
- Analyze and evaluate certain key account balances and fluctuations
- Document and describe the reasons for significant account balance fluctuations
- Support internal and external auditors and government compliance on payroll and employee benefit withholdings questions
- Prepare periodic schedules to support financial reporting and tax
- Respond timely and professionally to payroll and employee benefit withholdings inquiries
- Interface with corporate departments (e.g. Payroll Processing, HRIS, Human Resources, Government Compliance, Accounting, and Tax) as needed
- Ensure compliance with relevant Leidos accounting policies, SOX, FAR and DCAA requirements
- Escalate unresolved issues to direct supervisor
- Willingness to volunteer and seek out projects and challenges that will help our customers internally and externally, and also help mitigate risks to Leidos
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 2 to 4 years of accounting experience or a Masters of Accounting with less than 2 years of prior experience.
- Knowledgeable of basic accounting principles, specifically U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Strong computer skills including being proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks
- Payroll and/or benefits accounting experience
- Public accounting experience
- Accounting systems experience (Deltek Costpoint preferred)
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.