1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Vulnerability Management Engineer to support our Blacksburg Virginia Enterprise IT Operations Center. The Vulnerability Management Engineer will work as a member of the Vulnerability Management Team and to support security, patching, availability, administration, operations and maintenance within internal and customer environments. The Vulnerability Management Engineer will receive on the job and formal training and will be required to gain expertise in multiple system administration areas including BigFix, SCCM, Windows, and scripting. This is viewed as a critical role within the team and will contribute substantially to the team’s success.
- Perform account management tasks including adding, changing, and deleting user accounts in a secure RBAC environment.
- Maintain patch level to the latest release of industry standard software including OS and third party applications.
- Perform troubleshooting on patch related issues.
- Create and update patch process and procedure documentation.
- Apply security updates and patches using SCCM and BigFix on a timely basis according to customer requirements.
- Create and test custom software packages.
- Use scripting to effectively scan for outdated versions and target patching actions.
- Imaging and reporting with Microsoft SCCM/MECM
- Administration and maintenance of SCCM/MECM
- Perform work within Active Directory and Group Policy
- Maintain and support application and software implementation projects across an enterprise environment with SCCM/MECM
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 4+ years prior relevant experience or Master with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or 12 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Exposure or willingness to learn PowerShell and SQL.
- Positive attitude and high-energy approach to IT support. Desire to learn, work, and grow in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proactive attitude toward ensuring all stakeholders are aware of pathcing activities and changes.
- Familiarity with Windows server operating systems and SCCM/MECM
- Experience with BigFix, SCCM, WSUS, or other patching tools.
- Experience with PowerShell, Bash or other scripting languages.
- IT Operations-related technical certifications (A+, Net+, Sec+, MTA, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.