Here at Leidos, our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to contribute to the research and development of game changing, next-generation technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to design and develop a broad range of novel mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electromagnetic components and systems. Working alongside our scientists, engineers, and technicians, our successful candidate will be afforded the satisfaction of seeing ideas and designs implemented into next generation directed energy systems.
- Create 3D solid models of innovative hardware and systems and provide mechanical analysis of the models.
- Develop mechanical designs in accordance with established company standards and customer specifications.
- Work with government, Leidos and vendor machine shops to procure parts and components.
- Contribute to the overall success of projects and programs by actively interfacing with the Leidos team and customers to develop creative and robust mechanical designs.
- Resolve manufacturing and testing issues, including providing innovative mechanical design and fabrication ideas.
- Effectively manage time to ensure designs are completed according to project schedules.
- BSME and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or MSME with 10+ years of prior
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to government safety requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and communicate with machinists, technicians, engineers and scientists.
- Ability to organize and effectively work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with SolidWorks
- Experience with PDMWorks and Simulation FEA
- Experience designing vacuum and pressure vessels
- Knowledge of electromagnetic and pulsed power component design
- Active DoD security clearance
About Our Team
Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque consists of approximately 100 scientists, engineers, technicians, drafters, fabricators and support staff with backgrounds in advanced physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, electromagnetics, lasers, and high-power microwaves. For over three decades our team has worked with government laboratories to push the limits of the state-of-the-art in several high-tech fields and continue to do so on several programs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/22/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.