Leidos is hiring an AFSIM Modeling and Simulation Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
The successful candidate will partner with Leidos colleagues, gov’t team members and contractors impressive technical capabilities. Together, we collaborate with engineers and scientists solving challenging technical questions about highly complex systems.
* Perform tasks related to the development and integration of system models (satellites, radars, aircraft, missiles, command and control) into a large, many-on-many, AFSIM based simulation environment.
* Develop AFSIM representations of space and ground systems for use in an AF/DoD environment, using engineering judgement to fill in intelligence gaps and represent real-world systems.
* Use CI/CD tools to perform test and evaluation of AFSIM models prior to customer delivery.
* Prepare ad hoc documents, analytic reports, and multi-media products.
*Active TS/SCI security clearance
*BS in CS, CE, EE or a related field with 4+ years of applicable experience or an MS and 2+ years of related experience.
* Experience in C++ and Modeling & Simulation (M&S) techniques
* Experience using CMake and Visual Studios to build & compile AFSIM extensions & plug-ins.
* Excellent English-language writing/briefing skills. Strong emphasis on writing capability.
* Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines in a mixed government-contractor environment
* Knowledge and understanding of Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM), including extensions and plug-ins.
*MS in CS, CE, EE or a related field
*Experience in working at NASIC with Intelligence Community models, all-source analysis, radars, aircraft, missiles, space vehicles, MATLAB, Simulink, and Simulink Coder.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/28/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.