Are you ready for a rewarding career challenge?
Unleash your potential at Leidos where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision and Values guide the way we do business.
The National Solutions Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Systems Administrator for an exciting opportunity with the IT Operations and Engineering team supporting the Intelligence Division in Aurora, CO. This is an onsite position, no full-time telework allowed. You will collaborate closely with our IT team to ensure the reliability, security and efficiency of our network systems and be responsible for the installation, configuration and administration of hardware, operating systems, and software applications. The position requires an energetic, focused, and driven individual who can adapt well to a changing environment. Ideally, the selected candidate will possess strong system administration and troubleshooting skills and complete various system administrative network-centric undertakings.
Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance (US Citizenship required)
The selected individual will be responsible for installing and administrating systems, applications, and processes and for ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. Will be responsible for ensuring server and desktop configurations are optimized and running continuously and efficiently. The individual will also perform security management and application performance optimization functions. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Install, configure, and maintain servers, storage systems, and network devices ensuring high availability and optimal performance
- Creating and maintaining complex server enclaves, including analyzing system scanning reports, patching, cert renewals, vulnerability management assessments, and active directory configurations
- Responding to system administration, operations and maintenance issues and developing solutions
- Creating and maintaining documentation of complex server/network environments to ensure that clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available for incident resolution
- Perform network troubleshooting and resolve network-related problems including connectivity issues, hardware and software malfunctions, and network configuration errors
- Configuring and supporting workstations and printers in Windows and LINUX networked environments
- Automating and deployment of images and applications. Ensuring desktop images are updated on a regular basis, including documentation, and communicating changes
- Implementing and maintaining workstation security to include workstation encryption, workstation firewalls, and workstation patch management
- Provide a high level of customer service and be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; engage in many projects simultaneously; follow-through and ensure issues are resolved; and have superior organizational skills
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree
- Proficient using and experience troubleshooting Windows desktop and LINUX system software
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Experience performing Windows patching and patch deployment
- Experience with virtualization infrastructure environments (VMWare or equivalent)
- Basic knowledge in administrating networks
- Basic knowledge with administrating firewalls (i.e. Palo Alto, CISCO)
- Knowledge of information assurance, risk management framework and assessment requirements
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- PKI management and user authentication SIGINT processing experience
- Experience with LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Solaris, Ubuntu, SUSE)
- Experience with CISCO Networking
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server
- Scripting knowledge
- Microsoft/Linux/Cisco certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $87,100.00 - $157,450.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:10/26/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.