The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) has an opening for the Business Area Lead/Branch Director of the Space Systems Research (SSR) Branch in the Applied Science Division (ASD). As part of the Dynetics Group at Leidos, the SSR Branch is at the forefront of researching, designing, and developing advanced space-based optical payload systems and subsystems for our nation’s defense.
The Branch Director will manage a team of subject matter experts in systems engineering, space time adaptive processing, opto-mechanical engineering, software/firmware engineering, electrical engineering, assembly, integration, and test, and cost plus and firm fixed price program management. The SSR Branch Director will report to the ASD Division Director.
Space Systems Research Branch offices are located in San Diego, CA
- Manage a team of approximately 40 technologists through subordinate supervisors.
- Manages programs through subordinate program managers with frequent interaction with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Overall program execution, profit and loss, and business financial goals for a portfolio of programs.
- Cultivate strong customer relations at various levels in the US Government and the defense industry.
- Program capture and proposal activities to grow the branch program portfolio, including serving as technical lead and/or capture lead for specific opportunities.
- Hiring, promotion and reward authority in accordance with manager review and approval.
- Communication at all levels in the corporate and customer community.
- Employee performance management, mentoring, coaching, and team communications.
- Adherence and compliance with the Leidos Business Framework policies and procedures.
- Create new innovative technical concepts to capture and execute programs for the design, analysis, and create advanced space-based optical payload systems.
- Demonstrated business development mindset with in-depth experience in the development of technology roadmaps and business growth strategies.
- Demonstrated domain expertise in one of more of the following areas: space time adaptive processing and optics.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful, proven past performance in leading and managing multi-discipline project teams.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Knowledge of Government contracting practices and current acquisition trends.
- At least 7 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Master’s degree in an engineering or science discipline with at least 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. citizen with an active Secret Collateral clearance and eligible for SCI access.
- Prior experience in managing Department of Defense research efforts, including SDA, AFRL, DARPA, NASA, and similar customer organizations. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous efforts while keeping efforts on schedule and on budget.
- Prior experience in leading successful business development campaigns. Demonstrated skills include the ability to effectively communicate with customers, understand their needs, and develop technical white papers and proposals.
- U.S. citizen with active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $257,325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.