Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to support EW programs in Dayton, Ohio.
As part of our team, you will focus on first step towards a fully autonomous cognitive EW system. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. You will perform research as part of interdisciplinary teams that design, develop, and deploy machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms for DoD electronic warfare applications, with the opportunity to move into leadership roles on these teams. You’ll get to work alongside scientists and experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career.
- Develop, model, simulate and test radars and EW algorithms in MATLAB, Simulink, or C++
- Define interfaces to develop and wrap EW algorithms using outputs from other simulations
- Identify electronic support and electronic attack algorithms of interest and develop wrappers for simulating the performance versus radar models
- Create metrics and tools for evaluating algorithm performance for both modeling and simulation and hardware in the loop test capabilities with radar and radio frequency hardware
- Generate and analyze datasets of jammer and radar pulse descriptor words (PDWs)
- Work with electronic warfare artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) software systems and subject matter experts to develop and test electronic warfare algorithms
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, participate in testing and other technical assignments
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field 4+ years’ experience or Master’s with 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with MATLAB
- Working knowledge of scientific programming and algorithm development
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Active clearance preferred
- Experience working in areas of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development, synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or similar fields
- Python, Simulink, and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Working knowledge areas such as digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and stochastic processes
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.