Leidos Digital Transformation Services Division is seeking an experienced Application Development Technical Lead to support a highly visible Health Information Technology (IT) services effort at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Contingent on contract award
Role is expected to be hybrid/onsite - candidates must be local to the DC Metro area.
We are looking for an experienced Application Development Technical Lead to lead a team of developers, and other technical professionals. Task areas include but are not limited to management of application development and maintenance, testing, mobile application development and support among other duties.
- Lead a team of developers and guiding the technical aspects of software development projects.
- Along with team members be involved in hand-on coding, architecture design, mentorship and coordination with other team members and stakeholders to deliver high-quality software applications.
- Lead design, development, testing and deployment of software applications. Write, review, and maintain code.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to a team of developers, ensuring best practices, coding standards, and quality of work.
- Collaborate with architects and other stakeholders to define application architecture and ensure scalability, performance, and maintainability.
- Oversee project timelines, budgets, and resource allocation. Coordinate with program manager to ensure successful project delivery.
- Mentor and coach team members, fostering technical growth and development.
- Identify technical challenges and provide innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure quality, adherence to standards, and code optimization.
- Communicate with business stakeholders and program manager to understand project requirements and ensure alignment between technical solutions and business objectives.
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to software architecture, design decisions, and implementation details.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field plus 8+ years of relevant experience in the IT field of which 3+ years of experience is in leading software development projects or lead developer role.
- Substantial experience with hands-on software development.
- Experience enforcing compliance with ITIL Change and Release management best practices.
- Experienced with Agile framework and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout all software development life cycle.
- Profiency in .NET stack and power platform.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities and how to address them.
- Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to mentor junior developers in the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance and lived in the United States a minimum of 3 years.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- Experience with working at HHS agencies, especially NIH highly desired.
- Cloud experience in AWS or Azure plus certifications desired and a big plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.