The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for Shift Tier 2 Hardware System Administrator for our Incident and Service Request Response Team to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Alice Springs, AUS. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The Shift Tier 2 Hardware System Administrator receives and responds to service requests and problems reported by customers and escalated from Tier 1. The Tier 2 Hardware System Administrator will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community and support to 24x7 operations.
- Communicate with customers and technical component’s to fully understand the incident, service request or problem.
- Research problems by accessing internal and external knowledge databases.
- Facilitate technical communications between operations and development staff.
- Distribute defect reports and system data collected during anomaly investigations.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance activities, perform upgrades and support the transition and acceptance of new and modified systems.
- Analyze customer problems and implement appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair, and return to service in the field.
- Engage in hardware troubleshooting, repair and replacement.
- Assist with property and asset management.
- Monitor, review, update and disposition ServiceNow/HelpNow system tickets assigned to program per required timelines and level of information details.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- BA degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Current DOD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+).
- Proven computer hardware and system troubleshooting skills.
- System administration skills.
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, errors, provide innovative solutions to complex problems, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to carry/lift 30 pounds of equipment.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow/HelpNow.
- Experience with shift work supporting 23x7 mission operations.
- Experience in working with, collaborating with system users and customers.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.