Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division of the Airborne Solutions Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a UH-60A/L/M Blackhawk and UH-72A Lakota Maintenance Academic Instructor supporting the Army National Guard (ANG) Aviation Training Services and Operational Support (ATSOS) program in Marana, AZ. Leidos is the prime contractor providing flight training, simulation training, classroom instruction and schoolhouse support activities including the One Army School System (OASS) integration, and Aviation Life Support Equipment (ALSE) maintenance for platforms and simulation devices in use or anticipated to be in use by the Army National Guard.
The Aviation Maintenance Instructor will conduct academic course instruction for WAATS Airframe and Powerplant course through the unit instructor certification. This includes conducting daily academic instruction on regulations and publications, aircraft systems, and aircraft maintenance IAW course Training Support Package. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting the ATSOS program.
- Instruct and facilitate various Aviation Maintenance training courses.
- Demonstrate best practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to student’s diverse academic needs.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates formal classroom course outlines and, if necessary, student handouts for courses taught within Instructor’s specialty.
- Serves as an advisor for students utilizing communication tools and strategies to promote technician retention and continuous education.
- Assists in the development, review, and update of presentation graphics, training aids and applicable manuals.
- Reviews and maintains templates for course handouts, lesson plans, outlines, descriptions, objectives and schedules.
- Administers FAA Oral and Practical testing within an FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant training and testing classroom.
- Protect integrity and maintain accurate records of all testing, and make-up testing for the Western Army Aviation Training Site (WAATS).
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials and other test documents in accordance with FAA DME test standards.
- Follow all procedures and protocols on exam handling, monitoring, incident reporting, and exam delivery as provided by the FAA.
- Coordinate daily tasks and requirements (examples are work schedules, leaves, etc.) of contract employees to meet AATS missioned training requirements and schoolhouse accreditation as directed by AATS chains of command.
- Responsible for compliance with appropriate Army, National Guard and AATS policies, procedures and regulations.
- Report Instructor Flight and Operation data in the Task Order Monthly Report.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years' experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience; or a Master’s degree and less than 2 years' experience.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- 2 years practical experience on both Airframe and Powerplant systems.
- 3 years practical experience with presenting technical information.
- Qualified as a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Designated Maintenance Examiner (DME).
- Computer proficiency and experience in MS Office Suite with the ability to construct engaging and comprehensive PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to accurately comprehend and interpret aircraft maintenance documents, maintenance procedures, Federal Aviation Regulations, and applicable forms and records.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance; an interim Secret level security clearance is acceptable to begin work.
- Prior academic instructor at the U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence (USAACE), U.S. Army Aviation Logistics School (USAALS), Army National Guard Aviation Training Site (AATS), or equivalent.
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.