Leidos is seeking a Vice President, Government Affairs to join our team in Washington, DC. This position will have a Defense / National Security / Intelligence Community portfolio focus and will be responsible for management of a legislative team as well as developing and maintaining close working relationships with Members of Congress, staff, and committees. The position is responsible for developing and executing congressional strategies and plans that support Leidos business goals and strategic objectives and requires agility, ability to multi-task, organization, and commitment to lead with integrity, candor, and respect.
- Leads a team of lobbyists to effectively advocate for, promote, and protect Leidos legislative and policy interests on Capitol Hill and in the Executive Branch.
- Manages and develops strong, effective, credible relationships with key Congressional Members and staff, key government leaders, industry coalitions, and relevant third parties.
- Partners with and supports the company’s lines of business by aligning congressional strategy and priorities with Leidos’ long-range plan, annual budget, identified emerging markets, and strategic imperatives.
- Develops strategies and tactics to guide and defend Leidos programs and initiatives through the Congressional process.
- Ensures congressional strategies exploit trade associations, public policy organizations, think tanks, and industry coalitions to promote Leidos objectives.
- Collaborates with internal Leidos functions to ensure a coordinated and unified message for congressional and executive branch decision makers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree. 15+ years of experience as staff on Capitol Hill, the Executive Branch, as a lobbyist in the defense industry or adjacent/related industry, or a combination thereof.
- Collaborative skills with a record of accomplishment in building and maintaining strong relationships on Capitol Hill and the Executive Branch.
- Proven team player approach with experience managing, mentoring, and leading teams.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident disposition with the ability to act with urgency and an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to emerging issues.
- Outstanding level of acumen and understanding of the legislative and federal budget processes on Capitol Hill.
- High level of strategic thinking ability and judgment.
- Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interface with and influence Leidos senior leaders, and decision-makers on Capitol Hill and in the Executive Branch.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting.
- TS Level + Security Clearance
Desired / Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Corporate management experience
- Masters Degree
Pay Range:Pay Range $213,750.00 - $320,625.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.