Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking a Laboratory Information Management System Administrator to join the team at the customer site in Luckey, Ohio. The LIMS Administrator will support the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) project. With environmental projects across the U.S. you will have the opportunity to make a difference in various communities.
Must possess a valid driver's license. Position also requires passing background checks, obtaining access to, and conducting work on, U.S. Government installations. Due to contract requirements, must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, apply today!
The Laboratory Information Management System Administrator will focus on IT, LIMS, and laboratory data management. This position will primarily support the Leidos laboratory at the Luckey, Ohio FUSRAP site, with supporting roles at other Leidos FUSRAP Laboratories.
Your Main Objectives:
- Design, develop, maintain, and manage the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) database application. The position will be responsible for working with a database management system, along with additional tools such as Excel and SQL with an emphasis on instrument reporting, developing reports and gathering data.
- Develop instrument reporting process for incorporation of sample data into the LIMS.
- Support user training and advise management on technology changes and improvements that will increase efficiency of laboratory processes.
- Maintain LIMS system backups and oversight of electronic storage of records for the laboratory.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with minimum of 5 years laboratory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a LIMS system, gathering requirements, capturing data, and implementing change requests.
- Experience developing and maintaining LIMS using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) with Visual Basic .NET or C #.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite specifically Access and Excel including Macros.
- Ability to make unanticipated changes to production deliverables with short notice as required.
- Experience with TSQL and/or SQL database language experience, specifically SQL queries, table management and stored procedures.
- Experience in setting up networks including but not limited to internet connectivity, maintenance of switches and networking equipment.
- Technical experience with databases and user support.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Experience with Crystal Reports.
- Strong analytical skills associate with laboratory sample analysis is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of inorganic and radiochemical methods is preferred.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines for an information management system is preferred.
- Experience in the development of staged laboratory data packages and deliverables is preferred.
- Experience with Autoscribe Informatics Matrix Gemini LIMS is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.