Leidos has an exciting opening for you as our next Senior Database Administrator supporting DIA-NMEC (National Media Exploitation Center) under our 10-year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. Your job will be to design, implement, maintain, and monitor NMEC database systems. You succeed through effective cross functional collaboration in areas such as, but not limited to, development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As a senior member of the team, you bring deep expertise in Database Administration and will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, and system engineers on the following key tasks:
- Perform Database builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of database systems on Linux (mainly PostgreSQL, some MariaDB/MySQL), AWS RDS, and Windows Server based databases are a plus
- Serve as in-house expert on all PostgreSQL and AWS RDS database design, implementation, maintenance, and engineering
- Conduct in-depth analysis and optimization of performance of databases.
- Design and engineer highly available solutions with disaster recovery prioritized.
- Maintain database documentation, data dictionaries, and system diagrams.
- Collaborate with system engineers and architects to enact excellence in database management.
- Develop scripts to support best practices for patching, configuration, and other database administration tasks.
- Implement security for PostgreSQL and RDS in compliance with industry regulations and program security policy.
You demonstrate clear devotion to the DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) mindset and meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly
- 6+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Experience with database design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, and optimization.
- Experience with database hardening methods and procedures, replication, high availability, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with Agile practices
- Development and/or scripting experience, especially Python3, PowerShell, and Bash
- Experience in air-gapped environments
You will wow us even more if you have some of these skills:
- Experience with Configuration Management and IaC such as Salt and Ansible
- Experience with Windows and Linux server administration
- Experience on a production/ enterprise system
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kubernetes, Rancher, Nexus, Cloudera
- Atlassian Jira, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence
- CI/CD Tools, Elasticsearch, Gitlab
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.