Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer with a current TS/SCI Clearance for a new opportunity providing IT support to the National Security Council. The Program provides SharePoint and Application development, maintenance and sustainment support for Critical applications and capabilities. Each system has its own specific requirements and infrastructure. We are seeking technical, self-motivated Systems Engineer , to be versatile and flexible to changing priorities from multiple customers. Leadership skills are highly desired.
- Provide consulting and engineering support for requirements as directed by the Government.
- Liaising with internal and external partners as well as industry representatives to integrate new requirements with existing and new systems.
- Provide design documentation and recommendations to include configuration advantages and disadvantages, risk assessments, and timelines.
- Develop documentation for all assigned projects. Project durations may range from one week to one year in duration. The level of engagement/effort for each project may vary from advisory in nature to the administration of an initial solution. No more than 3-4 projects are expected to run concurrently. All documentation shall be in the contractor’s format.
- Design, document, and implement a VMWare-based container environment within the NSC/WHCA existing virtualized infrastructure.
- Design will include hosting multiple tenants and accommodate multi-datacenter highly available requirements in an Active-Active or Active-Passive manner
- Design and deploy an on-premise scalable platform utilizing a robust and resilient infrastructure that is integrated with existing on-premise systems management platforms, knowledge management systems, disaster recovery systems and records management and archival capabilities operating from 2-3 datacenters.
- conduct a meeting with the primary stakeholders to review system design, configuration, GT&E, documentation and integration after enterprise wide deployment for Government acceptance.
- Position requires an active TS/SCI. Candidate will go through NSC supplemental Clearance process
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent and 8 years of directly relevant experience. Add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years experience working in a vSphere Virtual Server environment
- 5+ years experience working in an Agile environment.
- 5+ years experience in System Development Lifecycle
- Recent experience with IT Systems , Network design and Engineering background (IP protocols, network design, server configuration and network implementation, security considerations)
- Documented experience in Atlassian/Jira administration, to include installation and configuration of custom applications.
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification - Security+ CE Certification
- Experience working with and understanding Mission Critical applications in an Operations environment
- Experience with SAFe Agile of other Agile SW development methodologies
- Experience with Subversion/JIRA
- Experience with code repository, (i.e. GIT/SVN)
- Experience working in Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud
- MCSE certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/08/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.