The Leidos Defense Group currently has two openings for Service Desk Technician Interns to work in support of the Air Force National Capital Region IT Services (AFNCR ITS) program.
Leidos is looking for a highly motivated information technology technician responsible for being the first contact for each of our customer calls. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
Candidates must be willing to work in-person at the following location in MD:
Joint Base Andrews (JBA) - MD
- After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for providing phone, email, and web support to users. The process will include greeting our customers, ascertaining the nature of the call, resolving Level 1 issues where possible, opening tickets via a ticketing system, and escalating to the appropriate work groups, when necessary.
- Determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, applications, telecommunications, desktops, mobile devices, printers and provide detailed analysis of the problem
- Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty
- You will update assigned tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties, including providing follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution, and verify problem resolution prior to closure of the ticket
- You will be expected to escalate the problem to next level support if the issue cannot be resolved at Level 1
- Provide excellent phone support and oral and written communication skills
- Be expected to work to incident response and resolution targets in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) environment with Service Level Agreement (SLAs)
- Apply logical thinking and problem-solving skills to common end-user desktop challenges, such as software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades
- Enrolled in a degree seeking program at an accredited college/university in a related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- US citizenship required
- Experienced working in a customer service or call center environment
- Someone who thrives in a team atmosphere and can keep their cool when the phone call volume surges
- Someone with a high-energy work ethic and available to work non-standard hours during peak times
- If you do not possess them already, work to gain industry certifications such as ITIL V4, CompTIA A+, or AWS Cloud Practitioner.
- Experience working in a lab or professional environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $79,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.