Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale system of systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. On this opportunity located at a US Government facility in Bethesda, MD, you will lead using state of the art technologies in developing sonar tactical decision aids used by the Fleet. You will be part of a high-powered team performing vital work that makes a significant impact. Our team empowers employees to perform meaningful work with the ability to learn and apply new skills in support of the career they want to achieve.
The candidate will support the development of Tactical Signature Guidance (TSG) systems by providing hands-on leadership for multiple agile teams with at a starting salary of at least $144,000. The candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to discuss programming concepts/best practices; support multiple software repositories; work in an organization with decentralized decision making; assist in the development of portfolio roadmaps; and be abreast of what each team is focused on and ensure proper coordination between the teams.
- Lead software development teams using agile methodologies across a staff of 15+ developers
- Demonstrated ability to make decision based upon limited information
- Demonstrated ability to influence change inside of an organization
- Experience with multiple object-oriented programming languages and web-based technologies
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and introduction new ones
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and change gears quickly to support emergency requests
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly (both orally and in writing)
- Willingness to travel to the primary integration site located in Manassas, VA
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science, or Computer Science or other degree that provides software development expertise equivalent to standard computer science curriculum
- Seven years of experience in some combination of design, development, and implementation of real time acoustic signal processing algorithms, development of parallel processing implementations, service-oriented architecture, signal processing and real-time data analysis systems or visualization/simulation.
- Five years of development and integration experience specifically relating to sonar and/or C2 systems.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Must have IAT I or higher certification; or willingness to obtain certification within 30 days of starting.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science or Computer Science.
- Approximate eleven years of relevant experience in designing, developing, and implementing signal processing, real-time data analysis systems, and visualization and simulation
- Approximately eight years of experience with evaluation and integration of new technologies and development and maintenance of computer software.
- Approximately three years of experience with NoSQL/NewSQL data stores, the Scala programming language, and Big Data processing technologies such as Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, and associated technologies.
- Approximately three years of experience with visualization technologies and user-interface development, including HTML5, Cesium, and associated toolsets such as Angular and TypeScripts.
- Approximately six years of experience with Kubernetes, REST, Docker and containerized microservices.
- Approximately two years of experience in development and pre-production testing using commercially available cloud computing service solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Approximately four years of experience contributing to software development on github or other open-source repositories and extensive background in both back-end and user-facing software components.
- Approximately eight years of experience participating in and helping to lead day-to-day activities of a scrum team or other Agile software development team.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/04/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.