Leidos is seeking a Distribution Engineering Supervisor in Walled Lake, Michigan who is passionate about electric utility design engineering.
Leidos will be able to provide relocation assistance to the selected candidate.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We’re looking for someone who is dedicated to ensuring that every project, no matter how simple or complex, is of exceptional quality. You'll be working directly with clients to make sure that Leidos' reputation for high-quality work is always maintained. At Leidos, we pride ourselves on being a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Our Power Delivery Services Team is the go-to for utilities and mobile operators who need reliable power and telecommunication expertise. We've worked with over 50 investor-owned utilities, over 160 municipals/cooperatives, and we're continuing to expand our reach. Plus, we've got an amazing group of industry-leading construction partners who help us deliver meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader has been confirmed time and time again. Engineering News-Record (ENR) has ranked Leidos among the Top 10 T&D Firms and Top 10 Power Firms.
You can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements, as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth opportunities, including:
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Formal Mentorship programs
- Management opportunities
As a Distribution Engineering Supervisor, You can expect to:
- Provide technical oversight, direction, and support for project teams. This will include work packages for electrical overhead and underground distribution systems, URD, Make Ready, and Street Light projects, using customer GIS and Work Management systems
- Assist with supervision of design staff and QA/QC efforts for your team
- Collaborate with other design leads on broad client issues including schedule adherence and team quality control
- Review engineering design packages with clients; Perform functional tasks, planning, and/or customer follow-up
- Perform scope analysis of work assigned and maintain schedule adherence to advocate client priorities
- Oversee your team's engineering calculations such as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
- Coordinate conflicting utilities and other field engineering design requirements, assessing and developing large design packages for complex cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments, work permit development, easements, and ROW application
- Provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and client design standards have been met.
- Be comfortable in both a field and office setting: the role may require customer-site visits to collect field data that will assist in developing work packages, or other client-facing meetings
This position is hybrid in nature, with some time spent working from our Walled Lake, MI office, and some time spent working remotely.
What Sets You Apart (Background Requirements):
- A minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company performing design engineering for electric distribution is required
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Industrial) from an ABET accredited educational institution; Additional/Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
- Prior experience with structural analysis, guying calcs, cable pulling calcs, coordination of protective devices, and electric demand and fault currents calculations.
- Ability to provide your own reliable transportation, as some local, customer-related travel may be anticipated (Job-related travel will be reimbursed at IRS-approved rates)
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
You Might Also Have Some previous experience with:
- Providing estimated costs, development of a BOM,
- MicroStation -performing Electrical Distribution design.
- Work management software and job estimating software.
- A Formal or informal leadership role
Professional Attributes that will help you succeed in this role:
- Collaborative attitude and inclusivity of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Positive attitude
- Professional dress and demeanor
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. Your greatest work is ahead!
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/10/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.