The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for an Electro-Optics Test Engineer to join our team at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team that collaborates closely with Government researchers to design and perform a variety of electro-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. Experiments are primarily laboratory-based, with some field testing.
- Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro-optical experiments, based on provided test objectives.
- Design, procure parts for, build, align and calibrate custom testbeds and test equipment.
- Design, procure parts for, build, and test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
- Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
- Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools using software such as MATLAB.
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, systems engineering, or equivalent related field with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience with the following: operating electro-optical equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, cameras, calibration equipment; collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data; documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience with analytical software such as MATLAB, Mathcad, or Mathematica.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
You’ll really WOW us if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with LabVIEW.
- Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection, and test reporting.
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,950.00 - $97,525.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.