The Leidos Intelligence Group has an exciting opportunity in Reston, VA and Washington, DC. The Network/Lab Engineer will be part of an elite team of IT professionals to helping maintain and secure the enterprise environment for the Intelligence customer. Various experience needed, from mid to senior. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Manage test servers and clients.
- Manage and maintain lab testing schedule.
- Manage security by providing specific access to authorize users.
- Design and setup special options including revision upgrades for equipment.
- End point configuration for POC demos.
- Deploy and administer VMware vCenters, ESXi hosts, and virtual machines.
- Perform testing and documentation setup for products being tested.
- Install, administrate, and do troubleshooting for Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Work on SAN re-installation/configuration, to get them operational after they have failed.
- Develop a deep understanding of good manufacturing/ laboratory practices, including ISO and SPC.
- Collaborate with engineers to create SAN environment for test cases including servers, storage and network switches.
- Install, reinstall, configure OS and software.
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes.
- Develop disaster recovery plans.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and reports on data input or output to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Coordinate network or design activities with designers of associated networks.
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical network designs.
- Develop solutions for network problems.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) with Polygraph security clearance required
- DoD 8570 IAT II certification
- Seasoned technical contributor
- Works independently with limited supervision
- May manage projects / processes
- Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex
- Influences others regarding system design, solutions, and procedures
- Desired Education: High School/GED + 11 Yrs, or Associates + 9 Yrs, or Bachelors + 7 Yrs, or Masters + 5 Yrs, or PhD + 3 Yrs
- Experience supporting Intelligence Community programs
Pay Range:Pay Range $87,100.00 - $157,450.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/19/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.