Are you tired of working 60+ a week? Are you looking for a better work life balance? Leidos Life encourages good work life balance, healthy living and career growth and development. We invite you to explore Leidos Life.
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with HVAC experience to provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) located in one of these locations: College Park, GA, Jamaica, NY, Burlington MA or Nashua, NH .
The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Enterprise Network Services (FENS) Program. FENS is the successor to the FAA Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) contract, which was implemented in 2002 to provide over 30,000 communications services to more than 4,500 facilities within the National Airspace System. The program aims to design, build, operate, and maintain the FAA's next-generation communications platform and to build a dynamic, highly available and secure enterprise network to support all the agency's mission-critical applications across the NAS.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Will produce engineering design drawings, detailed work plans, project material requirements, cost estimates and project schedules.
- Participate in site surveys to determine site requirements, operating parameters, site-specific issues, and assist with development and review of project scope. Provide markups and drawing specifications to the Computer Aided Engineering Graphics (CAEG) group.
- Will provide mechanical engineering support to other designers to ensure quality and completeness of designs.
- Make inspection visits to FAA facilities, monitor contractor progress, evaluate and review design submittals for completeness and accuracy and make all necessary design comments and corrections required.
- Will track and update project implementation schedules for assigned projects/programs. Monitor project implementation and ensure projects are implemented according to drawings and specifications.
- Must maintain a site-specific project status for site preparation and equipment installation problems and answer contractor Requests for Information (RFIs). Assist in the preparation of change order scopes of work and estimates.
- Make periodic site visits to FAA facilities projects to inspect work in place and evaluate contractor progress, provide written punch list of noncompliant items, and perform an evaluation of project close out documentation and procedures.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent. Must be a qualified Mechanical Engineer with practical experience in the design and installation of HVAC equipment and systems, pumps, engines, fuel transport and other building systems.
- Relevant experience should include :Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and general building construction techniques.
- Competent with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Capable of learning and applying Corporate Work Plan (CWP) applications, KSN (Knowledge Service Network), ProjectWise database and can use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. To qualify for the FAA Public Trust you must be a US citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Prior FAA experience desired.
- Knowledge/Experience of Airports desired.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/13/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.