The Integrated Solutions Division is seeking a Senior Software Engineer initially in Aurora, Colorado with a permanent move to Alice Springs, Australia to execute the software engineering function, including the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of lab software programs for enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. This engineer will apply appropriate principles, standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle of various lab tools and the integration of external tools into the lab environment.
Duties include software requirements analysis, analysis of hardware compatibility, development of software products and tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms. The candidate will also be responsible for certified network and system administration on GEOINT and SIGINT lab hardware, software, databases, and managed network systems to ensure availability and reliability of operations within lab environments (including Linux, Microsoft Office, and other lab operating systems as required). Additional responsibilities include technical planning, technical design, development and integration of external capabilities, and verification and validation.
The successful candidate will influence development of solutions that impact strategic lab goals and results. He or she will recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of lab strategy and operations. He or she will lead and manage other technical staff in implementing technical solutions that will have significant impact on lab project results/outputs. The candidate will work to convince others to accept lab’s view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
The candidate will be responsible for issue investigation and resolution and installing new software baselines at lab locations. The candidate will interface with program, lab, and site leadership regarding critical matters impacting the lab and its infrastructure, as well as project managers, systems engineers, and software developers on a regular basis, so good communications skills are a must. Candidate will be a self-starter with excellent organization and leadership skills.
- Perform software requirements analysis, analysis of hardware compatibility, development of software products and tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms
- Lead lab infrastructure and technical management, overall lab systems management, systems engineering and project integration
- Develop highly innovative solutions through research and integration of best practices
- Maintain, modernize, and enhance the existing lab architecture and conduct future technical planning.
- Design, architect, and lead team in implementation of new processes and deployment strategies
- Administer large lab infrastructure systems running on the Linux and Windows operating Systems
- Influence technical development and planning of solutions that impact strategic lab goals
- Integrate external products and applications with custom software baselines
- Perform code-stabilization and productization and integration of lab-proven GEOINT and SIGINT capabilities
- Organize and direct the integration team in the application of technical knowledge and conceptualization in resolving large, complex problems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert within lab technical domain
- The ideal candidate is either a software engineer with a good systems admininstration background or a highly skilled systems engineer with knowledge of security, coding and automation.
- Requires a BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- In-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts, best practices, and their application across range of lab programs.
- Extensive experience using common source control frameworks (i.e. Gitlab, Bitbucket)
- High level of expertise with Linux systems (RedHat / CentOS or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the HTTP 1.1, HTTP 2.0, HTTPS, and WebSocket protocols
- Advanced automated script design, coding, debugging, and maintenance skills (using bash, python, perl, etc.)
- Experience with User Interface development, knowledge of databases and structures, and/or experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required, as well as the ability to maintain professionalism in a diverse customer environments
- Must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum with a current CI polygraph
- Security+ certification
- Significant experience with cloud native technologies and security services
- Experience in working closely with software developers to integrate, configure, and deploy commercial products
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure environments (VMWare or equivalent)
- Experience with Containerization (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and other cloud-based platforms
- Knowledge of cyber security, information assurance, risk management framework, and assessment / authorization requirements
- Detailed knowledge of cross-compilers and experience building/utilizing them on various architectures (PPC, MIPS, x86, Arm, RISC-V, etc).
- PKI management and user authentication SIGINT processing experience
- Knowledge of SIGINT, GEOINT, and analysis experience.
- Understanding of MIDAS and Analog equipment
- Knowledge of X-MIDAS software
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/13/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.