The Defense Group has an opening on our GSMO Program. This position will provide on-site assistance and continuity to the DISA NORTHCOM Watch Officer in support of all DISA NetOps activities supporting both NORAD and USNORTHCOM. This support will enable Command and Control (C2) of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) by ensuring its overall health through 24/7 monitoring, directing, controlling, coordination, de-conflicting, synchronizing, and reporting to USNORTHCOM. Shift work is required to support 24x7 operations.
- Work directly with government leadership and act as a local liaison for all DISA scheduled and unscheduled NetOps events impacting or potentially impacting NORAD/NORTHCOM.
- Analyze the written inputs from various NetOps organizations and assess the impact using on-site tools and then report the status verbally within the watch floor and provide a written situation report for each event.
- Be prepared to also brief to the government leadership.
- Notify N-NC TNCC (verbally or chat) within 10 minutes of incident discovery; release SITREP on same incident within 30 minutes of discovery.
- Update TNCC of relevant changes within 30 minutes of any change until incident is closed.
- Accurate verbal and written reports from the original data source.
- Fields on average 150 informational requests per month.
- Active DoD TS / SCI Clearance
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Network operations knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write reports free of spelling and grammatical errors
- Ability to work day or mid shift Monday – Sunday
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, & Sharepoint)
- Familiarity with system applications used to perform this function: Mission Assurance Decision Support System (MADSS), Telecommunications Certification Office Support System (TCOSS), REMEDY’s Global Ticket Management System (GTMS), Homeland Defense – Mission Assurance Portal (HD-MAP/RNOMI), Integrated Network Management System (INMS), Direct Connect Online (DCO), Global Video System (GVS), World Wide Online System (WWOLS).
- Knowledge of the ASI process across all DISA services including transport, application, and service
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $84,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.