Leidos Civilian Health Solutions is seeking a Clinical System Programmer Developer to support National Institutes of Health (NIH) programs in Bethesda, MD. This position is part of a highly dynamic organization with multi-layered services effort and is located onsite at the NIH Clinical Center (CC).
Preference is for local candidate who can work hybrid onsite/telework. Responsibilities:
- Follow department configuration management process, including the use of Serena TeamTrack to track changes to the system, and building changes into a Development, Test and Production environment.
- Create documentation on the required configuration for installation, implementation, development, and use of the developed and configured items
- Work with the Department Project Management Office for any new development to work in compliance with their methodology and the mandated EPLC framework
- Attend meetings at NIH (or via conference call) relating to projects involving the tasks of this contract
- Work with the MLM (Medical Logic Modules) development team, the reports team, and the security team to associate related MLMs and other Clinical Decision Support to provide the ability to select diagnosis, problems list entries and medical necessity by Protocol
- Develop MLM CDS and Objects Plus Tabs to enhance the system
- Troubleshoot issues related to orders, order sets, order set forms, MLMs, Object Plus code, SQL Stored Procedures
- Develop and/or install and maintain a Diagnosis Tool potentially using Objects Plus that will allow the entry of Diagnosis from IMO at the patient, visit, order, and clinical documentation components while maintaining the source of these items (Health Issues or an appropriate component).
- Follow department configuration management process, including the use of Serena Business Manager to track changes to the system, and building changes into a Development, Test and Production environment
- Assist in developing training materials
- Attend meetings with the Allscripts vendor as necessary for Enterprise Scheduling integration
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field and 5-7 years of related experience IT field
- Prior experience supporting healthcare IT projects
- Experience with EHRs, preferably Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager and Allscripts SCM Enterprise Scheduling
- Working experience working as a Programmer, particularly experience with MLM (Medical Logic Modules) and Objects Plus development
- Experience with SQL including writing SLQ Queries, SQL Server, and Stored Procedures
- Experience working with multiple methodologies and frameworks, including Medical Logic Modules and EPLC
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Visio. Microsoft Office is inclusive of either Office 2013 or greater
- Have strong writing skills in order to provide documentation of work performed, design documentation, data dictionary and/or various configuration Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Have a strong attention to detail and a methodology which includes validating all new system build performed for consistency
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Problem solving and root-cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels of an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Prior work experience supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Experience working and using Allscripts Sunrise Configuration Tools; Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager Order Forms, Order Set Forms and Task Form Development; and Allscripts Express Load/Unload tools.
- Background providing various forms of Reporting, preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.